1 loaf Artisan Bread of your choice - ask your bakery to slice it.
4 Eggs and 4 Egg Whites
2 cups Milk
2 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 Tbs Granulated Sugar
2 Tbs Water
4 Peaches or Nectarines or a combination
1/4 cup Local Honey
Butter or Cooking Spray
1. Hand beat eggs, egg whites, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and granulated sugar.
2. Submerge sliced bread in the egg mixture and allow to soak through - put in the fridge
while you are preparing your fruit.
3. Prepare a stock pot with boiling water, add peaches and/or nectarines and blanch for
about 5 minutes - drain and cool - peels should slip off at this point, pit and slice
4. Peel and Slice Apples place in a sauce pan with water, cook on low heat until apples are
just soft, remove from heat.
5. To the apples, add sliced peaches/nectarines and honey and stir gently - keeping the
structure of the fruit.
6. Start a fry pan on med-low heat, coat with cooking spray or a pat of butter.
7. Place one layer of "egg-soaked" bread down in the fry-pan, spread fruit mixture across
each slice, then cover with a 2nd slice of bread.
8. Cook slowly: each side about 4-5 minutes, allowing it to cook through.
9. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve