1 whole chicken
3 lbs Whole Fresh Tomatoes
1 pound assorted Whole Peppers (hot and sweet - your choice)
4 ears corn on the cob
1 large onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch scallions, chopped
2 Tbs fresh chopped cilantro
1 lg can Black Beans
1 lg can Cannellini Beans
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tbs Chili Powder
½ tsp Cayenne Powder
Kosher Salt and Fresh Ground Pepper
1. Heat the grill Med-high, leave one side off.
2. Put the whole chicken on the grill Off the Heat and close the lid, it will take about an hour to cook the chicken this way depending on size. You don’t have to turn it or move it.
3. In the meantime make use of the hot part of the grill:
*Place your tomatoes on the grill and wait for the skins to break, carefully take them off, you can now easily remove the skins and chop the tomatoes for your chili.
*Also Fire-Roast your peppers, grill all sides of the peppers until skins are crackled these can also be removed of skins and seeds, then chopped.
*Place un-shucked corn on the grill to cook - about 15 min, once cool remove corn from cob.
4. While the Chicken continues to cook add the rest of your ingredients to a 5 quart crock pot and place on High.
5. When your Chicken is done (180 deg) remove from grill and let stand 15-20 minutes.
6. Slice and chop chicken - add to your chili.
7. Simmer in crock pot 3 hours.