8 squash blossoms
6 oz chevre
Fresh minced herbs (thyme, basil, chives, etc.)
Seltzer Water (cold)
Oil for Deep Frying
1. Heat the oil to 375 deg
2. Bring chevre to room temperature so it can be easily blended with the herbs of your choice.
3. Blend the cheese and herbs and put the mixture in a piping bag or a large ziplock with one corner cut off Click here to learn how.
4. Prepare Tempura Mix following package directions using cold Seltzer Water.
5. Place a small amount of cheese mixture in each blossom.
6. Coat each stuffed blossom in tempura mix and slowly place in the oil using tongs and holing the blossom by the stem
7. Fry until just golden – 1 to 2 minutes
8. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towel to drain excess oil, sprinkle with sea salt.
9. Repeat with remaining squash blossoms.
10. Serve Blossoms immediately on top of lightly dressed greens.