2 dozen East End Oysters
4 Tbs unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
Juice of ½ Lemon
1 tsp worcheshire sauce
1 tsp chili flakes
1 Tbs fresh minced parsley
1. In a small saucepan combine all the ingredients until butter is melted and garlic is just softened (this can be done grill-side)
2. Place oysters on a hot grill, flat side up – Close lid
3. After about 2-3 minutes check that the oysters are starting to open
4. Carefully remove them from grill onto platter using tongs – don’t spill the liquor (juices)!
5. Remove the top of each oyster using a mitt or kitchen towel and a small knife.
6. Add a small spoonful the butter sauce to each oyster.
7. Return to grill until just heated and bubbly - this happens fast, don’t over cook them... just 1 min!
8. Serve 4 to 6 oysters per person on top of some spicy local greens such as arugula.
Wine with Oysters? Click Here for a Guide