Assorted vegetables, the quantity will vary depending on type (for
example it would take about 2 to 2-1/2 Kirby Cucumbers to fill a jar.
We used Cucumbers, Green beans, Wax beans, Carrots, Celery, and
Red Bell Pepper.
12 tsp Kosher Salt, divided
6 tsp Table Sugar, divided
3 tsp Coriander Seed, divided
3 tsp Mustard Seed, divided
3 tsp Whole Peppercorns, divided
6 Bay leaves, halved
6 Garlic Cloves, halved
1 Bunch Fresh Dill, or herb of your choice (Basil, Tarragon, etc)
3 cups distilled white vinegar
12 half-pint jars, sterilized by submersing in boiling water.
1. Prepare the vegetables by washing well and cutting sticks about ½”
shorter then the jars.
2. In a small saucepan bring the vinegar to a boil
3. Divide the spices, salt, and sugar in the each of the 12 jars
4. To each jar add ½ clove garlic and ½ bay leaf.
5. Tightly pack your choice of vegetables in the jars and add your choice
of fresh herbs.
6. Add boiling hot vinegar to the half-way mark of each jar.
7. Fill remaining space of jar with water and top with screw-lids.
8. Carefully shake the jars to disburse and dissolve sugar and salt at the
9. Put into refrigerator. This pickle is not heat processed and must be
10. Wait 3 days to a week before you try them so pickles can PICKLE
Safe to eat for 3 weeks
KEEP PICKLES REFRIGERATED